New Communicare Reports for COVID-19 (Corona virus 2019)
23rd March 2020
To help manage the COVID-19 pandemic at your health service Communicare is providing two reports that look at the COVID-19 ICPC2 items, your pathology requests and your lab’s pathology results and presents these in a detailed and summarised form. They are necessarily generic in nature but will help to identify patients with COVID-19 related items, requests and results.
This shows all patients with at least one clinical item, investigation request or result that matches the COVID-19 criteria detailed below. For each patient is a chronological list of all items, requests and results with the current status of each. A label shows if the patient has a pre-existing chronic or acute respiratory condition on their summary.
This report has one row per patient with fields showing the latest date of specific items (COVID-19 items, requests, results). Also shown is a list of tests requested and a list of results received with ‘(ABNORMAL)’ appended if the result was flagged as such by the lab. This report may assist identifying abnormal results where there is no diagnosis, requests where there is no result, patients given advice/education about COVID-19 and those deemed to be at risk. The summary report should always be used as a guide and the clinical record reviewed for specific details. A field shows if the patient has a pre-existing chronic or acute respiratory condition on their summary.
Neither report looks for free-texted progress notes or generic clinical items.
For both reports:
- If you have any COVID-19 clinical items other than the ICPC2 terms you will need to make sure that the text ‘COVID’ or ‘CORONAVIRUS’ is in the title, or that they have keywords containing the text ‘COVID’ or ‘CORONAVIRUS’
- Your investigation request terms need to include the text ‘COVID’ or ‘CORONAVIRUS’ or have keywords containing the text ‘COVID’ or ‘CORONAVIRUS’
- You should check that the pathology results being returned from your lab contains the text ‘COVID’, ‘CORONAVIRUS’ or ‘CORONA VIRUS’. If you find that your lab does not use any of these terms in the test name they send you contact our helpdesk and we will advise on how to include other searches for results
- All text strings are case insensitive
- Sex dropdown compatible with versions less than 18.3
For the summary report:
- If you have any local COVID-19 items then the following logic is employed in addition to the ICPC2 codes and the logic outlined above:
Any local ‘at risk of COVID-19’ needs to include the text ‘AT RISK’ on the description and the logic outlined above
Any local ‘advice/education about COVID-19 needs to include the text ‘ADVICE/EDUCATION’ and the logic outlined above
Any local ‘concern about COVID-19 needs to include the text ‘CONCERN’ and the logic outlined above
Any local ‘suspected COVID-19 needs to include the text ‘SUSPECT’ and the logic outlined above
To import the reports:
- Save the two files below to your PC
- In Communicare go to Reports – Search Reports
- Click the ‘Import’ button and navigate to the saved file
- Repeat for the second file.
The reports will appear under the heading ‘COVID-19’.
Close and re-open the search reports window to ensure they have imported. Other users will see the reports upon restarting Communicare.